Make a Difference Today
YOU CAN HELP IN MORE WAYS THAN YOU KNOW…
A Place Called Home relies on the generous and continued support of our wonderful community. If you, or someone you know, are looking for a way to contribute to the work we do at APCH, please read through some of the options on this page.
There are so many ways that you can help: donate, volunteer, fulfill your placement or community hours. However you contribute, you will help make a difference.
Donations & Ways of Giving
2. By Mail or in Person
64 Lindsay Street South
Make cheques payable to: A Place Called Home
1. Sponsor a Bed: Sponsor a bed for $35/night.
2. The Gift of Shelter: Make a minimum donation of $10 in recognition of a celebration (birthday, anniversary, graduation, retirement, Christmas, etc) and receive a special greeting card as a unique gift indicating that you have made a donation on someone’s behalf.
3. Memorial Donations: Make a donation in in memory of a loved one.
4. Security Donations: A Place Called Home is set up to receive and properly receipt donations of Securities or Stocks. Talk to your Broker or Tax Specialist for professional advice.
5. Planned Giving: Supporters can give charitable gifts by naming A Place Called Home as a beneficiary in their will. Also, if you no longer need your life insurance policy, you can donate that policy to A Place Called Home.
A Place Called Home accepts donations of all food products, both perishable and non-perishable (fresh produce, meat, and dairy products are especially welcome). We also accept some prepared food items that are left over from special events.
OTHER NEEDS: DAILY ITEMS
Household Items: Dinner plates, Soup bowls, Cutlery, Light Bulbs, Toilet Paper, Paper Towels, Laundry Soap, Large Clear Garbage Bags, Dish Soap, Household cleaners, Tin Foil, Plastic Wrap, Sandwich Bags, Scrub Pads, Dryer Sheets, Floor Mops, Dish/Tea Towels, Bath Towels, Bed Sheets, Pillows & Pillow Cases, Small fans (meeting safety code).
Personal Items: Pump Soap, Shampoo, Conditioner, Toothpaste, Toothbrushes, Disposable Razors (Men & Women), Shaving Cream, Personal Hygiene Items, Q-Tips, Bandages, Moisture Cream, Lip Balm, Deodorant (Men & Women), Sunscreen, Throat Lozenges, Toenail & Fingernail clippers, First Aid Ointment, Other First Aid items, Small alarm clocks.
APCH DOES NOT ACCEPT CLOTHING, LARGE FURNITURE OR APPLIANCES (unless noted in “Speciality Items” above). There are many charities and organizations that do accept these items in the community. Please contact them directly for ways to give.
In our shelter, Ministry of Health regulations dictate that we must use fireproof, medical grade sofas, chairs and beds, so we are no longer able to accept these items.